Thursday, May 14, 2009

A quick note to explain 'rings' mentioned in my last entry. All eye doctors would immediately know what I was talking about. All others would not have a clue. So to clarify. To achieve the distant, intermediate, and near vision, the ReSTOR implant was created, by some very smart scientists, with a series of rings. Those ring segments have different powers and thereby focus light to different focal points. As physicians we hear a lot about the 'ring' images that patients see at night with any point source of light. Now you know why the rings exist, but as I mentioned in my last entry, it doesn't bother me and I anticipate that this particular reflex will either dissipate completely or my brain with its inherent plasticity, will ignore it. Bottom line, even 3 days after the implant, it is not a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment